Performance testing is crucial for the success of businesses being an important phase in the testing life cycle. It helps one know the behaviours of applications under load conditions. For example, a load condition is when a website encounters extraordinarily heavy traffic. A high performing application is one that lets the end user carry out a pre-defined task without undue perceived delay or irritation. Performance should not lie in "the eye of the beholder" or in other words, an application should be perceived objectively by all its end users.
The course is a blend of theroretical concepts and practical application. A number of case studies give participants a deep insight into performance testing and its applicability in a live environment.The course uses Loadrunner and Jmeter as performance testing tools.
A snapshot of the course curriculum is as follows:
- What Is performance?
- What is performance testing and performance engineering?
- Step I: Plan load test
- Step II: Create virtual user scripts
- Step III: Create a scenario
- Create a performance test plan
- Production system usage
- Service Level Agreements
- Transactions per hour (TPH)
- Objectives of Virtual user generator / Thread Plan
- Loadrunner protocols(Loadrunner) / Create a thread group(Jmeter)
- Types of Parameterization & setup
- Types of Correlation & setup
- Correlation rules
- Text check point
- Introduction about Analysis
- Introduction about Graphs, Settings
- How to create report (Word and HTML)